Tuesday, February 23, 2010

[My Collection] Sorcerer by Ron Edwards


I picked Ron Edwards' Sorcerer up a few years ago and looked through it, then added it to my collection. There are a number of reviews on it (1, 2, 3, 4), including bits on how to run it (5, 6) and some interesting settings (like post-apocalypse and even golf). What got me interested in picking it up again and reading it was the Whartson Hall Gamers* in the UK and their Sorcerer Cyberpunk podcasts (scroll down about half way to get to them, 9 episodes total but episode 2 is very screwed up). Hearing a group play it is very evocative.

It got me thinking: I wonder what a game of Sorcerer: Aftermath! would be like?

*All the Whartson Hall Gamers' podcasts are excellent and I heartily recommend them (however, not all the pods listed in the link are WHGs but the other game groups are also good).

2 comments:

  1. Now that I'm all geeked on the World of Darkness, I think I want to try Sorcerer. I bought it years ago, but never read it. Then I gave it away like an ass.

    Peace,
    Christian

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to be running a game of Sorcerer soon, and I'm thinking of having the PCs start in Manhattan in the Escape from New York setting.

    I think that would be pretty evocative.

    ReplyDelete

Unfortunately, due to spam, I have set up comment moderation. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.