Friday, March 26, 2010

[Pods] The Durham 3


The Durham 3 is one of my favorite podcasts and I hope they start recording again and pull out of their podfade. Their format is short, most shows don't top a half hour. They have a bit of a talk about various topics before they play, then they break and play the game (off-recorder) and then they come back and recap the session. So it's not an actual play podcast but a comment on actual play podcast.

Their last episode (#66), they talked about their session of Dust Devils, a Wild West indie game by Matt Snyder (I picked it up from Indie Press Revolution a couple of years ago), but their game was set during the Klondike Gold Rush of 1898, so they called the game Frost Devils. The episode has some write-ups for the game, including color and black and white character sheets and play notes. Some of the variety of NPCs are Wyatt Earp and William Jennings Bryan.

Check out a couple of shows of The Durham 3, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unfortunately, due to spam, I have set up comment moderation. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.