Saturday, April 17, 2010

[My Collection] Midnight

My previous collection posts have shown some of my favorites. Unfortunately, I haven't talked about my favorite D20 items (with the exception of Labyrinth Lord) and I mean to correct that.

The Fantasy Flight Games Midnight setting is a really cool world. Basically, Sauron won and the world has been underneath his heel for 100 years. Go!

Who couldn't love playing that? And why did it take me so long to check it out?

You see, I picked up Midnight well after it was out (and out of print) by finding the 1st and 2nd edition (MN01 and MN11) at Gary's Games in the used bin.

Then, a little while later, I found most of the modules (MN03 Crown of Shadow, MN04 Minions of the Shadow, MN05 City of Shadow, MN06 Sorcery and Shadow, MN07 Under the Shadow, MN08 Forge of Shadow, MN10 Steel and Shadow, MN12 Heart of Shadow, MN13 Star and Shadow, MN14 Hammer and Shadow, MN15 Legends of Shadow, MN16 Hand of Shadow, MN17 Destiny and Shadow, MN18 Honor and Shadow) at discount prices at several of my local Half Price Books. Who could pass that deal? I went around one day and got them all.

The last few items, namely MN02 Against the Shadow and MN09 Fury of Shadow Box Set I found online for good prices. Now I have the whole collection and I'm slowly working my way through the books.

There are a number of reviews on Midnight and the supplements (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10) on RPG.net and 14 of the PDFs are available online through RPGnow and DriveThruRPG.

3 comments:

  1. I wish there was a Half Price Books in LA. Hell, there isn't even one in all of So. Cal. Drat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a copy of Midnight a few weeks ago, but haven't had a chance to look at it. Seems like all the gaming books I ordered all came in at once.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like that setting. Fun stuff.

    I'd play the SHIT out of it with Burning Wheel. Man...

    Here's a link to my ole Story Hour thread about the campaign we played years ago:

    http://www.enworld.org/forum/story-hour/51307-midnight-dark-towers-shadow-updated-12-10-a.html

    ReplyDelete

Unfortunately, due to spam, I have set up comment moderation. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.