Thursday, September 9, 2010

[Aftermath!] GURPS Operation Morpheus: Character Creation

Back in 2003-2004, I ran this game for my old Tuesday Night Game Group (now defunct). The players were S, C, E and C. I'd been playing RPGs with C and E for years, and knew S and C through them only for about a year or so. Setting up the game was pretty easy as we spoke frequently and emailed on a variety of subject, including politics and social affairs (and, of course, gaming).

Anyways, I said I wanted to run a game during the week and they all jumped on board. I would start the second game of GURPS Operation Morpheus about 6 months later for the Corvis Monkey Troupe, with some similar results but a completely different cast.

Character Generation: Each PC was built by the players using 100 points and GURPS Lite or GURPS Basic, 3rd edition (for the most part). Additionally, each player was given the choice of taking all 40 points of disadvantages as follows (which they did): (-10) Sense of Duty (Nation, Family, Friends) and (-30) Enemy (currently unknown).

This choice was for the simplest possible reasons, so that I, as GM, would not have to keep track of any physical, social or mental disadvantages. Additionally, the advantage Danger Sense was ruled verboten. I just hate trying to keep track of it. Thankfully, no one tried to argue for it.

Each PC was to be a late 20th/early 21st century American. I started the game in Seattle, 2003.

S played James Stenbeck, an Air Force reserve pilot. C was Bill Farnum, a veterinarian who spent time in the Amazon. E ran Bob Dawson, an environmental safety scientist. And C was Alexis Pratt, a military programmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unfortunately, due to spam, I have set up comment moderation. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.