Sunday, September 5, 2010

[Auld Lang 'Zine] 1001+1 Nights, Issue #8

Issue #8, One Thousand and One Nights and One Night RPG Campaign Design 'zine

Issue No. 8 of One Thousand and One Nights and One Night Campaign Design 'zine was published in July 2007.

This issue has a short actual play for a Savage Worlds Urban Fantasy game set in Ottowa (yes, I read Charles de Lint). It was a one-shot in a genre that I hope to get back to someday (probably with the Dresden Files RPG in the future).

I talk about railroading and constraints to players in the My Style article and The Privilege of the Sword by Ellen Kushner in What I'm Reading (I heartily recommend this book and plan on reading it again, soon), which ties with the Mannerpunk article quite nicely.

I also mention a webcomic, Wayfarer's Moon, which, amazingly after three years is still active (and I've yet to catch up on it). I finish off with an AD&D email game that I joined, giving my character's description (I think the game is now defunct).

On the whole, I believe this was a pretty good effort.

I have a couple of links for this issue that still work: Mannerpunk, Ellen Kushner and Everway RPG write-ups on Wikipedia, The Privilege of the Sword at Amazon and Ellen Kushner's Official Website, Gaslight Press: Official Everway Website (no recent updates), an Everway RPG Review, and info on Thematic RPGs (including Everway).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unfortunately, due to spam, I have set up comment moderation. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.