Tuesday, October 5, 2010

[Auld Lang 'Zine] 1001+1 Nights, Special Issue

Issue Special, One Thousand and One Nights and One Night RPG Campaign Design 'zine

This first special issue of One Thousand and One Nights and One Night Campaign Design 'zine was published in November 2007.

Part of the reason I wrote this issue was the desire to help others write, layout and publish their own 'zines. It talks about how I do my own 2-page 'zine, getting started writing, finding your own voice, layout style, layout options (including where to put the header, also known as the Nameplate), adding graphics, what program you use (I use Open Office), and round off the issue with info on websites and advertising.

I don't know how many people have used this but I hope that it inspired someone to write a free 'zine. If you are inspired to write one, let me know and I'll review your 'zine on this blog.

3 comments:

  1. Would you mind taking a moment to explain Scribd? I have several PDFs I would love to post (not 'zines) but I can't figure it out and the site isn't very explanatory.

    Thanks in advance for any help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First you have to register or have a facebook account (since I don't FB, then I went the main way - so a FB person would have to explain that bit).

    Then I login and use the blue Upload tab (at the top and to the left of center) and follow the instructions. There are several methods to upload - single upload, multiple upload, etc. If one method doesn't work for you (and I've had that happen), then try another.

    There are a bunch of getting started guides (http://support.scribd.com/forums/33626-getting-started-guides) that you can check out how to use Scribd.

    Once I get a PDF uploaded, I open the document and select the Share & Embed tab and copy/paste to where I want it (in this case, my blog).

    I hope that helps. I really know very little about Scribd and most of that from mucking about trying things because I agree it isn't very explanatory.

    Good luck! And post links to your PDFs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. I sure will, once they are up!

    ReplyDelete

Unfortunately, due to spam, I have set up comment moderation. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.