Friday, November 12, 2010

[Characters] Call of Duty: Black Ops TV commercial PC#1

Destination Unknown had a link to the latest Call of Duty: Black Ops TV commercial.

I really enjoyed it and thought it showed the various types of people that game (one guy, however, didn't like it). Even though I don't play video games, I can see the sentiment in RPGs.

As I was watching the spot, I thought "who are these people and what would they be like in an RPG?" Hence the following six PCs, for both Savage Worlds and Microlite20 systems, from the Call of Duty: Black Ops TV commercial.

Here's the first: a young woman in a business suit and high-heels, with a Colt Commando, calmly walking in the open, ready to fight.


Savage Worlds:

Business woman with a Colt Commando (WC)
Novice + 20 XP = Seasoned
Agility d8 Smarts d6 Spirit d6 Strength d6 Vigor d6
Pace 6 Parry 6 Toughness 5 Charisma +2

Hindrances: Enemy.

Edges: Attractive, Danger Sense, Steady Hands, Quick, Marksman.

Skills: Shooting d8, Fighting d8, Knowledge (Battle) d6, Stealth d6, Notice d6+2, Guts d6, Taunt d4.

Equipment: Business suit, high heel shoes (no negative modifier to unstable platform due to Steady Hands), purse.
Colt Commando with scope (12/24/48, 2d8, RoF3, 5.5#, shots: 30, AP2, Auto, 3RB), 3 extra magazines.


Microlite20 Modern:

Business woman with a Colt Commando
STR 12 (+1), DEX 15 (+2), MIND 12 (+1)
Smart Hero, Level 3, HP 22
White collar background
Melee: +4, Missile: +5
Physical +5*, Subterfuge +5*, Knowledge +7*, Communication +6*
* includes human bonus (+1 to all skill rolls)

Equipment: Business suit, high heel shoes, purse.
Colt Commando with scope (2d8, RoF S or A, shots: 30 box), 3 extra magazines

5 comments:

  1. Dude, this is awesome. When I saw the ad I started having all kinds of cool ideas, such as average people fending off an alien invasion.

    That Atlantic Weekly guys needs to mellow out. It's just a game. Life is hard and people need to blow off some steam. It's all good, brosef!

    Have a great weekend, Matt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent work, but I still wish that I didn't see this dam commercial every five minutes lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. I first made up the Savage World character then figured why not try another system. Microlite20 is a really rules-light D20 game that I've been reading for a couple of weeks and wanted to see how it would work out.

    As for seeing the commercial every five minutes, I don't mind much because it'll be out of the public eye soon enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and 5 more characters to come.

    ReplyDelete

Unfortunately, due to spam, I have set up comment moderation. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.