Monday, August 8, 2011

[osr Challenge] Redcap ideas

The Redcap prepares to kill some foolish humans.
For my the osr Challenge: A September of Short Adventures write-ups, I want to have at least one with an unusual monster foe.

So I looked at my game books and found something in Iridia issue 107. My friend Christian, over at Destination Unknown, wrote up the Red Cap in this issue so I translated this Fey creature into Labyrinth Lord.

Here's the sample stat-block!

Red Cap (small Fey); No. Encountered: 1d6+6; Alignment: Chaotic; Armor Class: 5; Hit Dice: 1d6+1, Hit Points: 7, 6, 6,  6, 5, 5, 4, 4, 3, 3, 2, 2; Attacks: short sword (1d6 + special), javelin (1d4 + special); Save: F1; morale: 8;  Special abilities: thief skills (including backstab), 60 feet darkvision, black venom poison (target must make save  v. poison or take 1d6 CON damage for two rounds).

If you want to try writing 25 short adventures over the days of September, you can join here!

2 comments:

  1. I remember those little guys. They were javelin chucking fools. The PCs retreated in terror as they made save after save. Good times...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wrote up some redcaps once for my blog, here. Totally different take on it. Interesting how people can put totally different twists on a traditional monster.

    ReplyDelete

Unfortunately, due to spam, I have set up comment moderation. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.