Monday, September 19, 2011

[Vids] Legend of the Seeker

I started Legend of the Seeker a short while ago (love Netflix instant watch) and am slowly working my way through the two seasons, all 44 episodes. At first, I thought it was an OK fantasy series but as I watch each episode, I find myself really enjoying the story and most of the characters.

My favorite of the three main characters are (in order): Bruce Spence plays the wizard Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander. I'm a big Bruce Spence fan from way back when I saw the Road Warrior. Bridget Regan plays the Confessor Kahlan Amnell  and I think she does a very good job. My least favorite is the title character, The Seeker Richard Cypher (played by Craig Horner). Though I'll admit Craig's acting has improved since the first episode (and despite the fact that the Significant Associate keeps pointing out that the word "Seeker" is religiously spoken within the first 5 minutes of every show - she's wrong, it's within 2 minutes).

I haven't read the books the show is based on, but considering my position on the Dresden Files TV show (and my overall approval of it) and "canon purity," if I ever do, it won't ruin it for me.

1 comment:

  1. I just finished the first season, and I picked up the book. I’m always much happier reading a book after I’ve seen the show/movie. When I do it in the other order I just get upset most of the time.

    Also Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander rocks as a character!

    ReplyDelete

Unfortunately, due to spam, I have set up comment moderation. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.