Wednesday, November 23, 2011

[Resources] The Name of the Rose

The Name of the Rose, written by Umberto Eco, was first published in Italian in 1980 and translated to English three years later. A film was made in 1986 starring Sean Connery and Christian Slater.

I've only seen the film but I plan on reading the book, after I finish all the Cadfael books by Ellis Peters (another monk-solving-mysteries series). The monastic view of the world that is presented in these sorts of books will be an interesting dimension that can be added to any game.

2 comments:

  1. Both Cadfael and Name of the Rose are also excellent for their grounding in the setting of the time.

    I was familiar with the Anarchy due to Cadfael before Jeff Rients started writing about it.

    ReplyDelete

Unfortunately, due to spam, I have set up comment moderation. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.