Sunday, December 25, 2011

[D20cember] Blue Box D&D

Christmas 1979: my brother and I received the Holmes' Dungeons and Dragons Basic Set (aka the "Blue Box" edition) and the Advanced Dungeons and Dragons Monster Manual. I even have pictures of my brother and I looking through it that morning.

We'd been playing D&D since 1978 but never owned any of the books or even any dice, until that Christmas.

The box set came with actual dice and B1 In Search of the Unknown (so it must have been the 4th printing) and it was frigging beautiful to my 11 year old self. Now 32 years and countless RPGs later, it's one of my favorite holiday gifts.

Happy Holidays, folks. Keep safe and make some game memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unfortunately, due to spam, I have set up comment moderation. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.