Friday, November 8, 2013

[Resources] Last Words

"Here lies Lester Moore
Four slugs from a 44
No Les
No more"
–Tombstone on Boot Hill in Tombstone, AZ

There are a lot of famous last words and they're a great inspiration for your own heroes' and villains' last words.


"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

–Pancho Villa, Mexican revolutionary, d. 1923

Peruse these dying words with care. Some are humorous, some mysterious, some sad, but all of them are inexplicably tied to their utterer. That is the less to learn.

I am about to–or I am going to–die: either expression is correct.
–Dominique Bouhours, French grammarian, d. 1702

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unfortunately, due to spam, I have set up comment moderation. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.